Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

And the prize goes to......

I would like to thank Jane and Terry for trying to guess the location of the lighthouse. That particular light house is situated on the cold but beautiful Bay of Fundy at Margaretsville. Just head up the North Mountain from Middleton. That was my only NS beach visit this summer. I did manage to get to Cabot Provincial park in PEI on a whirlwind trip with my friend Les. Yes I put my feet in the water! It was WONDERFUL! I have just been reading about sea wasps or box jellyfish who swim off the coast of Australia and their sting is deadly. If one more person tells me about poisonous snakes or spiders in Oz I may have to scream. Not to mention the sharks. Come on guys-how many of you have actually seen me swim? I love the ocean. I love the ion therapy. I love the smell and the sound of the ocean. I love to walk the shores and beachcomb looking for treasures. I figure I could make a fortune selling rocks to the upper Canadians-right Philippa? Swimming is not high on my list.

Andrea was over tonight and we spent 3 hours filling out forms. Yes I know I did feed her chocolate but I owe her. My head is still spinning from it. We made a list-in a scribbler. Andrea organized all the papers and even threw some out. It will be worth it when I get to walk on the beach and look up at the stars in the Southern Cross. Yes it will indeed be worth it.
G'day eh!
Bern

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that beach therapy is just the thing. On the other hand, I have seen you swim! (Both in a pool and in a lake!) And I saw you NEARLY go swimming in the Rideau Canal - but Kerry-Anne rescued you before you could tip the canoe and have your cooling dip!

    The Southern Cross - very cool! Are you getting nervous? How is the organizing going? Pay Mandy, leave for the weekend and when you get back, it'll be all done! I think that might be best!\
    LOL
    Your Canuck friend, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I thought perhaps the lighthouse was in Blomidon - but I didn't do more than write that on my hand with the thought to looking for labelled images. Do you know how many blue striped lighthouses there are? I did look at Peggy's Cove and I could see that that wasn't right. Sigh!
    Picture me sitting with my feet in the water... I'd like a little beach therapy right now! Maybe I'll get my Ocean Waves CD out and listen to it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete