Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Carpe Dium

Hey Gang,
I am just back from my Easter break. I needed to come back to Adelaide so I could have a rest. I have a full photo card so you will have to be patient, the photos will come but I thought I would tell you about my latest adventures in the land down under. I had the pleasure of the company of my dear friend Shelly Pye, her mom Shirley and her son Brian for the last little while. We flew off to Sydney together. We did the town. Sydney is a beautiful vibrant City. We stayed right downtown in Wooloomooloo. We were within walking distance of the Opera House, the Botanic Gardens, the Art Gallery, the Gallery of Contemporary Art and the Cirrcular Quay. We went sight seeing and shopping-I had a hard time keeping up with Shirley. We spent a day at the Toranga Zoo which is an incredible zoo but I wanted to set the aninimals free. We also made the trek to Darlington Harbour and went to the Aquarium-that was facinating. I saw Dugongs and Sharks of all kinds. We even managed a day trip to the Blue Mountains where I was scared to death looking out over some ledge-you may not be able to see the fear in my face in the pictures but then again maybe you will.LOL. I did go in the sky car to see the Three Sisters and went up a train on the worlds steepest incline. Yes I was having some fun. Heck you only live once. We also discovered Harry's Peas and Pie stand near the harbour. This is THE place to go after a night on the town. There were long line ups of very happy Aussi's waiting for pies and peas. We decided we had to try them too. I had a Tiger Pie-pastry with curried beef, topped with a layer of mashed potatoes, then a layer of mashed peas with an indent filled with gravy. Yummy. Shelley had the chicken pie, topped with chili-well she had hers on the side but I understand it was yummy. I said fare thee well to my friends very early Friday morning as they headed off to the airport for the long journey home. Thanks so much guys, I was great to see you. I then went off to Bondi beach with my new friend Katie and 2 year old Jessica. We watched the beach patrol rescue some silly man who was swimming outside of the flags and got into trouble. The surf there is amazing- I guess that is why it is so popular. We had lunch at a great club-I think it was like a legion. Everyone had to sign in at the desk. Then we went into the eating area-what a beautiful view of the ocean. I was introduced to another popular Aussie dish-wedge fries and sour cream and sweet chili sauce. MMMmm. I also tried a midi of beer-Blue Toungue Beer. Mild, cold and refreshing on a hot day. I may learn to like beer afterall. Katie gave me a driving tour of Sydney and then dropped me off at the airport where I headed off for the next part of my adventure-Tassie. That's right I was going to Hobart Tasmania! Stay tuned for the next part of my adventure. Term 2 has started at school and my little possums were happy to see me and tell me of their holiday adventures. I found a copy of the Three Kangaroo's Gruff on my trip-I could not resist. Might be time for a drama unit.
Time for this teacher to hit the books so until next time take care,
G'Day eh!
hugs,
Bern

2 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful Bern! I'm so glad you had a good time! I'll send an email soon. Love you!Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bazza and I are in Ottawa for a week's hols! It is wonderful! Nice weather, lots of friends. Seeing Neneng and Nathan's new house and visiting! I've tried to call Mandy but her line was busy... I'll try again soon!
    J

    ReplyDelete