Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Winter Holidays


Hi Gang,
I am back from my latest adventure to central Oz and the Top End-Darwin. It was a busy hectic 2 weeks. I think I may need a vacation from my vacation. The flight home at 2:30 am arriving at 6:00 am did not help my energy levels any at all. I went for a long walk on the beach today and then tried to get many of my chores caught up. I have loads of great pictures to show you all but need to find the time to get myself organized. So be patient. I believe that good things come to those who wait........... In the meantime I hope everyone is enjoying summer in Canada. Take Care!
G'day eh!
Bern

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you had a great, albeit busy, holiday Bern! I was thinking of you and checked the blog several times to see if you were posting anything!

    We have been busy. We will have been in the house 11 months on Saturday (can you believe it??) and my to-do list has shrunk to a few things that we will likely do in September, just after the one year mark.

    We have ordered the lattice that we want for the bottom of the front and back decks, and under the verandah on the front, but it looks like it will not be in until next week. (Hopefully it will be in then!)

    We have company coming for lunch tomorrow and then next week for a week we'll have company. Then we are headed to see Nathan and Neneng WHO ARE EXPECTING!!! for a week wrapped around our week at Calabogie!

    Yes, we are going to be a Grammy and a Grampy!! (Next March!)

    So that's our news! Sure am glad you are back. I guess you must have been back at work all this week too, hope you are getting caught up on all your sleep!

    Your old friend,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bern:

    I just finished my 2 weeks of vacation in awesome Ingonish, and for a while I was not a bit jealous of you. Lots of sun, sand, ocean warm enough to swim in, walking trails, crab, and beer - you know my fear of dehydration :) I did think of you fondly as I beachcombed colorful and sparkly rocks! I'm keeping tabs on you and look forward to your next update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jane and Bazza!!!!!!
    Hey Irma I hope you have found at least one sparkly rock for me-I will come and collect it next summer.I will be completely beach deprived and depraved by then! Thanks for staying in touch. I am trying to remove some pictures so I can download some new ones.There never seems to be a teenager around when you need one. Where is my tech support????????

    ReplyDelete