Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

River Murray Adventure




















Hi Gang! This was the most relaxing trip I have ever enjoyed. Going up the River Murray on a house boat with 8 mates was a blast. We had a masterchef class where I learned how to make sticky date pudding with caramel sauce-YUM!
I got to drive the houseboat through the area where there is a ferry crossing. It was a great new experience but the guys have suggested I not give up my day job to become a houseboat captain. A Tim Tam slam is part of every social event-well it is in Oz when I am there! Did you know that pelicans grow in trees? Well almost. So do Sulfer Crested Cockatoos. Me and my mates Shelley and Rosemary had a great time. Good food, good drink and good friends-who could ask for anything more? If you ever get a chance to go on a houseboat don't hesitate.
G'day Eh!
Bern

1 comment:

  1. Miss Bern! That trip looks nearly as relaxing as a 10 day trip I took with Pathfinders on two 43 foot sailing yachts in La Pax, Mexico. (In Baja California - which is the bay...) It was amazing and I also got the sail the boat! However, they told me I was a natural and must have been a sailing ship captain in a past life! (we had lots of space around us.) I LOVED having the sails up - no sounds! Amazing. And we saw dolphins!!

    I am not seeing those quilting pictures, Bern! But I am anticipating them!!

    We have accomplished another major project. It took us 6 and a half days to put in an 11 1/2 foot by 11 1/2 foot stone patio. We finished the last step this morning!! It looks AMAZING!

    Now our last major job is to build a wooden deck on the front of the house to level out the area between the driveway and the front steps. So we went out with the measuring tape and argued over shape and height; and managed to figure out where we will saw the steps apart and then measured out the area for the top. (After agreeing on the shape!)

    And then I came in and after supper and a glass of award winning Nova Scotia wine! I drew up the plans. This makes it sound like I have an idea (or a clue!) on how to draw up plans for decks - NOT AT ALL! But I did have the plans for the deck that Kent Building Supplies had given us, and I modified them to match our needs.

    We went in to order the deck parts and we hadn't thrashed out the complete shape. When you do this three d drawing thing at Kent it is very neat - and they give you a parts list. Kimberly and Karl are getting ready to build a deck in Calgary and Kimberly wants an IKEA drawing of how to. (Me, too, if the truth were to be told!) But Bazza has built decks before and seems to feel that he has this all under control!

    We had it delivered and it even comes with all the screws and hangers. You just need the saw, the measuring tape, the screw drivers, shovel, and level. Possibly a hammer. :-)

    Depending on the weather, this shouldn't be too long of a job! (Famous last words!) I'll send you the link to the album when it is done!!

    Take care of yourself! Enjoy your holiday!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete