Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

10Q for the kind words and encouragement

Hi Ann and gang,
I just wrote an article for the SAETL newsletter about the Kangaroo Island Trip. This is much more FUN than writing report cards!I went to the AGM to see what was up with the Central Oz trip and ended up as the new Exchange rep-I thought they did that to people who DIDN'T show up! LOL. My life seems to move without me sometimes. I have had the CRAZIEST week at school. We are doing parent teacher interviews this week. Yes every day for a week. YIKES! and if that isn't enough my class is performing in the assembly on Friday. We are doing a weather unit so I taught them the song "if all of the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops......., if all of the snowflakes were chocolate bars and milkshakes....., if all of the sunbeams were licorice sticks and ice creams......, if all of the fog was fairy floss and marshmallows...., and my personal favourite, if all of the hailstones were Freddo frogs(an Aussi chocolate bar) and Chicken Bones(a Maritime favourite). The chorus goes"I'd stand outside with my mouth open wide..ah ah ah ah ah ah ah..well you get the idea!!!! So in the interest of experiential learning I managed to provide my class with a sample of Gangong Chicken Bones! Yes the real deal! I think I may have made some life long friends.LOL.I am also on the Blackforest Garden Committee and tomorrow night is open garden night...wine and cheese in the school garden, bring the family. Every class had to create a sculpture for this event. My class decided to make the life cycle of the Wanderer Butterfly.AKA the Monarch Butterfly. Yes Joan we got milk weed! So we have spent some time in the garden observing monarch caterpillars. Did I mention we had to make these sculptures from recycled things? I had a headache today and I thought it was because my ponytail was too tight! Between the construction of sculptures and rehearsals for the assembly and interviews with parents, I need a vacation. I have almost given up on teaching my possums how to say their vowels properly but it would seem that most of them now know what vowels are, so that's a start. Baby steps.

BTW it was a lovely autumn day here-32. The footy tipping has started and the locals are getting a bit wierd. Sue I am hoping to sign up for the wine course-looks like I have found someone to go with. I will have a look for the wine you mentioned. Yes my friend it was you who started all of this. perhaps I will be able to repay you with an Aussi wine and cheese party upon my return. As for quilting well I am told that on long dark winter nights in the land down under people stay inside with nothing to do. Yeah right. The time is going to change at the end of the month so it will be dark. My friend Jane made me an amazing tutorial so I HAVE to have a go at the modified magic tiles quilt. The ocean fabrics are gorgeous. The batiks are even more beautiful. I love fabric. Irma I would be happy to share my love of quilting with you. I want to see all of your mom's quilts when next I visit your fair Ilse.

OK I have a big day tomorrow. Good night all. Thanks for your comments. I love to hear from you. Hugs and lots of love,
G'Day eh!
Bern

1 comment:

  1. I love your updates. It is so great to hear of your adventures. It is really good of you to take time from your busy schedule to give us updates. ;O)

    ReplyDelete