Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Kangaroo Island

NZ fur seals at Admirals Arch
Bushfire devistation-2 years after the fire



Admirals Arch

Hi gang,

How you going? Here are a few shots from my wonderful trip to Kangaroo Island. I saw many native animals and plants. A roo jumped out on the path in front of me when we went for a hike and just about gave me a heart attack. It was about 6 feet tall and I could hear the ground thud and reverberate as it hopped away. I then moved to the middle of the group as one of the gals suggested I let the guys go first in case there were any more surprises - like snakes on the path. There were 30 of us from the SAETL (South Australia Teachers League) on this long weekend adventure. The first part of the adventure was getting across on the ferry without getting sea sick. It was a one hour crossing and a little rough. We stayed at an outdoor education center in a bunkhouse. I was accused of snoring-can you imagine that?

We toured a sheep dairy farm-the sheep were milked and the farm produced yogurt and several really nice cheeses. We also went to a honey producer where the guy was breeding queen bees that were worth a bundle. We also went to a place called "Remarkable Rocks" and they were. We went to the coast to the Admirals' Arch where there is a colony of New Zealand fur seals. Have a close look at the pics and see what you can spot. I was very brave and went adventure caving-North Americans call it spelunking I believe. I really wasn't sure I could handle the close underground environment but I really wanted to see the stalgmites and stalactites. It was facinating! I also had a mag light in my pocket and everyone started teasing me about being such a girl guide. Yeah but guess who got to explore the back dark corners of the caves and have a really good look at the rock formations? The we went on to Seal Bay where we got up close and personal to a colony of sea lions. It was something I will never forget. 30 people sat on the beach without making a sound for 30 minutes. We just observed the sea lions as they basked in the sun. Did you know that a sea lion can "run" faster than a man? I sure didn't. They swim and fish for 3 days and then they crawl up on the beach and sleep for 3 days. Reminded me of some teenagers I know. LOL. A very good time was had by all on KI. I do hope that I will get to go there again before I leave this beautiful place.

So what have you all been up to? Ann from the wet coast what happens after the Olympics? Things must seem very quiet in Vancouver these days. Are the para olympics over? Congrats to Yvonne for her probationary contract. Yeah! See good things do eventually happen to good people! My brilliant and AMAZING friend Jane has not only modified a quilt pattern for me but made it and took 80 step by step pictures of her making it to show me what to do. BTW did I forget to mention that I found a couple of quilt shops? My stash won't be getting too big here because the fabric is SO expensive but I have enough to keep me busy on those cold dark winter nights. Ok that's pretty much my news for now. I will put up a few more pics of Kangaroo Island. Take Care. Would someone let me know when the geese come back? Oh yes Joan we have Monarchs in our school garden but they call them Wanderer Butterflies here. Yes we got milkweed and I didn't have to trapas all over town to find it. Belated Birthday greetings to my fav sister, Tara. Hope you got some chocolate cake!
with lots of love and hugs,
G'day eh!
Bern

No comments:

Post a Comment