Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fabric queen

Hi gang,
Thought I would delight you all with my beautiful fabric shots. Not as nice as some of my beach shots but for those of us with quilitis you will understand. This is my cute little yard full of beautiful batiks and a dessert roll by Moda. If you look carefully you will see some fabric, a bogey board and a Buddha. I went for my evening stroll tonight and the tide was the highest it has ever been. I swear that some of the waves were chasing me. 9 days ago I stepped on something in the ocean and it felt like a zap of electricity and then it just plain hurt. I have a hole in my foot but can't find any sign of a stinger. My foot is still tender. So I am being more cautious. The water felt nice and warm this evening. There was not a soul swimming though. I usually see long distance swimmers training. I used to leave to go to the beach at 7-now that is too late.The sun went to bed at 7:23 tonight. It just fell from the sky without any help from me. It is going to be worse when the time changes at the end of the month. Then you will hear me whining. Although a little Australian wine is good. I want the Shiraz.....

On that note I am off to bed. Take Care. Hugs and lots of love,
G'day eh!
Bern







4 comments:

  1. Hi Bern!
    The fabric is gorgeous - I must have quiltitis - I didn't realize this disease had a name!!
    Bazza and I cleared the hill behind our house and now we are BOTH sore!! LOL I got up this morning and I sounded like the 1812 Overture - the one with the cannons! Every joint in my arms and legs popped as I sat up!
    Today I went out and moved the door handle on the screened porch door over (it pinched your fingers if you weren't careful before), I moved the bird feeder hangers UP (now the deer can't reach them!) and I went to Walmart for cat litter and curtains. I tried to MAKE curtains for the den, and messed them up so badly I decided to abandon them. I ended up getting the curtains at Zellers - they are too long, but a big improvement over TOO short! LOL
    As a result of all of the above, I did NOT get the border on my quilt - tomorrow is another day!
    Take care - have a lovely time in OZ!
    Love
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bern:
    Mom would have loved to have seen your fabrics and patterns as she shared your passion for quilting. I didn't inherit that passion and talent but I treasure the quilts she made for me.
    I was amused by one corner of your yard - the plaque about family being sweet with nuts. I, of course, am the "beach" nut. :-)
    I have never eaten eggplant before. The recipe you posted and the photo of the finished product look tasty. I may try it.
    We are coming out of hibernation in our part of the world, beautiful warm spring days the past week. Your days are getting shorter? Ours are getting wonderfully longer and the trees are budding. Bring on the blossoms and the blooms!
    Looking forward to your next installment.

    Take care,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bern,
    Wow, you sure have been busy. Your adventures are making me very jealous and I'm definitely going to make Oz my retirement trip. The only question now is when. The photos are breathtaking - keep them coming. I've noticed that the list of wines tasted is growing quite quickly. Just to think that I turned you into a wino makes me proud. The Aussie wine that has become my favourite is J.J. McWilliams Caberent-Shiraz - give it a try if you can. One wuestion - when do you think you are going to find the time to do any quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bern,
    What a sumptuous blog you've got going! In this latest entry your fabric garden is gorgeous, and doesn't that aubergine casserole look yummy, recipe and all.
    I think you are very talented, Bern. Have you considered publishing?
    It's warming up here on the 'wet' coast - going to be 18 degrees Celsius up the valley today. Hmmm, wonder if we're in for a scorching summer this year?
    Love & hugs,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete