Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Mild Winter-you are welcome : )






Hi Gang!


Dec 27th my backyard. Feb. compliments of Sonya. Ibis birds and of coarse doesn't everyone write notes to their mom at the beach? So I hear you guys are having a mild winter. Haven't you figured it out yet? It is because I am sending you some of my sunshine! You're welcome! I on the other hand have managed to catch a cold. Yes mom it doesn't have to BE cold to catch a cold. I think it has something to do with the germ pit I hang out in. Possums carry germs as well as little bunnies do. Imagine that. My class is having swimming lessons this week. I am guessing that my other class is going skating at the school rink. Talk about your opposite views eh? So my new friends are bringing me oranges, lemons and figs off their trees in their yards! Apparently they don't use Jewish penicillin here to cure the common cold. I even tried a kumquat(???) the other day-whoa talk about pucker power. When ever I feel a slight bit homesick I go to the grocery store in the frozen food section where I stare wistfully at the frozen McCain Pizza-they remind me of Amelia........

So what have you all been up to? Too busy watching the Olympics to write to me? Shish you'd think they only came every 4 years or something. My dear friend Les sent me a box of Olympic special things. I will take a pic to post to show you later. Anyone know when we play hockey next???

OK this sick gal needs to get to bed. Hope you are all well. Please continue to enjoy my sunshine. I am sending lots your way!(at least enough to get it below 30 degrees here)
Hugs and love to you all.
G'Day eh!
Bern

5 comments:

  1. You guessed it, Bern. Glued to the TV watching these magnificent young athletes. Thanks for the sunshine - we've been enjoying days & days here on the 'wet coast'.
    I'm loving this virtual experience of your life in Australia. Your "Hi Mom!"photo is so cute - takes me back to warm wet sandy beaches I've known.
    Get healthy soon.
    Love & hugs,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm! "brewer's yeast, celery, onion, salt, and 'a few secret ingredients'" - Vegemite sure sounds... er,... ah,... YECH. Tim Tams sound so much better - what exactly are they? Something like doughnuts? You be sure to eat those get your vitamins C from those oranges and lemons and get better. Oh yeah, don't get dehydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irma-google Tim Tams and you will find out that they are the quintesential Oz cookie-or biscuit as the Aussie's say. This last kind were out of this world-choc covered cookie with a filling that tastes like creme caramel-my favourite dessert! Yummy! I also have hazelnut chocolate mouse to try next. I want my cold to be gone by the weekend so I can go on a boat tour looking for dolphins! Friday after school is the anti dehydration therapy-BUT if you stay too long you run the risk of becoming dehydrated for other reasons! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello darling...talked to your daughter last night...I think she is missing you..:).... Canada won a gold and silver in women's bobsled tonight...a silver and bronze in women's speed skating tonight...AND the men beat Russia 7-3...they play I think Friday...our Friday in the semi's.....

    we had African Heritage Workshops at school today...a first for my new school...lol...the kids were awesome and staff were impressed..gotta love the new kid huh??? lol

    don't forget the tea tree oil...you should be able to get the good stuff...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you!
    It must be our turn to talk.
    What have you been up to? Keeping warm?
    My possums have been loving this olympic stuff. GO CANADA!!!

    I have been using paw paw cream-I have found emu oil. I must have a look for the tea tree oil.

    You go girlfriend! love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete