Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Monday, February 8, 2010

PS

Ann from the wet coast-I tried the quince with some lovely brie on crackers.....now that WAS yummy. I am glad I helped to fill your head Jane. Learn something new everyday............
Anyone have any good recipes for chicken feet??? LOL. Sue what kind of Aussie wine do you think would go with chicken feet? I guess I will have to take that wine appreciation course so I can learn how to food match.
G'day eh!
Bern

4 comments:

  1. How about a rich stock with the chicken feet? I'm envious of all the wonderful wines you're sampling. The Wolf Blass Green Label would be just my cup of tea ... er, I mean wine.
    Bern you will be happy to hear that the feisty Olympic athletes from your adopted country of Oz have draped an enormous flag, picturing a boxing 'roo, from the windows of their section of the athletes' village. At first there was a big fuss put up by the IOC but, happily, the boxing 'roo stays.
    Hugs,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally catching up with you. I so enjoyed the Q and A of the Australian Tourist Website. You are doing a terrific job of sharing your adventures. I am so jealous of you on those beaches. Keep havien fun,

    Love, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you think Irma? Don't they look almost as nice as Ingonish Beach?????? Thanks for commenting. I will enjoy at least one sunset just for you and I hope we can enjoy some together soon!
    love,
    Bern

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure do, especially this time of year! Thank you for enjoying a sunset for me. To get it absolutely right you must have both feet in the warm water and a cold beer in your hand - AHHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete