Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Canada Rocks!!!!






Gifts for the teacher!

Hi Gang!

So How you going? I will start at the bottom with the pics and then tell you what I have been up to. That lovely eggplant, black beans, cherry tomatoes and chili capsicums-yes they call them capsicums and 1 snake bean(the yellow one) came to me from a sweet little Sheila in my class in a pink gift bag. For my first time ever cooking eggplant, I saute it in olive oil and garlic-yummy!Yes Mandy it IS all about the food. So much for teachers getting apples.

The next pic is me and my new quilt/biker buddy Val. I talked Val into bike riding-her first time in several decades-she did great-only fell once and the bruises are almost healed! What a trouper. The best part is that she is willing to go again. She and I did a fabric run this afternoon. Don't worry I am not adding to my stash-I am going to make something. I guess on those long, cold, dark, winter nights in Adelaide you know where I will be-yes at the beach!!!!

I think the albino roo is cute don't you?

At school this Friday I wore my Canadian Shirt and compliments of Les I had my reading buddies help my students put on Canadian hockey tattoos. I had a raffle for the Olympic mitts and we went outside for a Kodak moment. I had yard duty on Friday in the noon day sun and several year 7 boys came over and introduced themselves and asked me questions about ice hockey in Canada. I told them to keep their sticks down their heads up. I think I made some new friends.

So tonight I am going to the fringe with one of my Canadian friends and her neighbors. That should be interesting. Some of the shows are just downright weird-which is why they are in the fringe festival. Tomorrow is the Dolphin Cruise from Port Adelaide. I hope I see flipper!

I had the chance to talk to not one but two of my favourite people today. Don't you just love technology? I am having a grand time here girls and I do hope you will come to visit.

Miss and love you all!
G'Day eh!
Bern

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY CANADA DAY....lol...with 10 gold and counting...most gold total.... I need to ask...where did you get the mitts..they seem to be a hot commodity here....selling out!!!!
    I have been staying up very late to catch all the events....will be sad to see the games end, but my sleep deprived self will relish the extra zzzz's
    Bern, I have a great recipe for using eggplants...sort of like lasanga but no noodles...really yummy.... are those peppers of the hot variety??
    You, my friend, are amazing....I love how you have embraced your life..... truely authentic.... there was a reason we met and stayed connected....loving living through your adventures...your students are truely blessed

    love and hugs from the land of red and white

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne we have met and stayed connected because I need all the inspiration I can get from intelligent, bright, creative, warm, kind people like you. We are kindred spirits and life long friends.

    The mitts came to me via Les in Amherst NS along with the Mascots and the book explaining their story. The hockey tattoos and stickers were a big hit I tell ya. I was a very popular teacher on Friday! Thanks Les! Another kindred spirit. I sure do miss you guys. I seem to be managing.......
    love and hugs to all,
    Bern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Bern! I am so happy to see you enjoying yourself! What an adventure! Glad to hear you saw Flipper and his/her friends! I'm looking forward to seeing those forwarded pictures!
    Happy Monday!
    Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne - do you share your recipes with friends of friends? I would love your eggplant lasagna recipe as I don't eat noodles!!!! Maybe Bern will share it with me!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how did the Aussies take it when we beat them for the gold medal in free style skiing. Glad to see your showing your Canadian pride and I hope the students make good use of the mitts. Looks like you're having fun...I'm glad

    ReplyDelete
  6. just had to share...recieved probationary contract this week...YIPPEE....... so, what did you do this week???? lol

    ReplyDelete