Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Vegemite is...

NOT my favourite flavour of Australia. I had some on toast this am. Very salty and not all that pleasant. I don't think I would cross the road to get some. I think I will stick to the wine and Tim Tams. I was at the fringe Friday night. It was interesting. I felt old looking at all the 15 year olds. Then I went to a lovely dinner party Sat night where we sat out in a beautiful garden under the stars eating wonderful food with great company. So today I am playing cath up with the house work. UGH, yes folks my glamorous life in the land down under does include housework. Oh well.......Hope you are all doing well. Take care.
G'Day eh!
Bern

3 comments:

  1. Bern,

    I've got the young generation teaching me how to post a comment so here goes. Still loving the adventure from afar. Keep them coming.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Sue!!! Way to go!! Don't ya just love learning new things? I am going to Kangaroo Island soon for a long weekend-hope to have some good pictures to show you all. It is a wildlife preserve.
    Stay warm my friend and keep drinking Oz wines!
    Bern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bazza says that vegemite is kinda yucky in his opinion too!

    I think it is tomorrow for you now, I will post the hockey schedule for you via email!

    Take care! Have fun on the Island!
    Love you. Jane

    ReplyDelete