Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another wonderful day in Oz







Hi Gang,
Well I had a wonderful first day with my new class. It's so cute to hear these little bunnies speaking with an Aussie accent. Or perhaps I should call them possums. We had some interesting discussions and questions including, "what language do you speak in Canada?" The reply was "what language am I speaking now?" They also wanted to know if I had grizzly bears in my backyard. So I asked them if they had kangaroos in their backyard. Then we had some confusion over the bitumen-yes the pavement- I had heard the word but it was out of context, as conversations often are when six year olds are involved. This promises to be a great learning experience for all involved. They wanted to see a photo of the rink at Fallingbrook and thanks to google maps I was able to not only find the school but drop the little man down in front of the school. We could see the boards for the rink but the picture was taken in the spring-no snow or ice. So one boy figured that when the ice rink melted it must turn into a pool like they have.(yes Pam my school has a pool) Can you imagine? Perhaps I can persuade one of my Fallingbrook friends to take a picture of the rink with children skating.

It's hard to think about rinks and snow when the temp remains above 30. I am on a quest to photo the perfect sunset. See me there with my Sobey's bag looking for treasures. I am sure my dad is looking down and smiling. Back in my university days he used to call my Sobey's bags "matching luggage." I think the poor man moved me 4 times in my last year of university and mostly I packed in Sobey's bags. Isn't it comforting to know that some things never change?

I hope you are all staying warm and looking after each other. I miss and love you all and will send you some of my sunshine!
G'day eh!
love,
Bern

2 comments:

  1. your hair looks nice keep it bernieee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bern! Love those pictures! Any sunset picture taken at the beach is already perfect! You are looking great! I am making that soup recipe that I emailed to you and Edie. Did you try it? Is it any good? I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your class! Sorry I can't take a picture of the rink for you - the commute would be a bit much! You are looking GREAT!
    Love ya!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete