Foot prints

Foot prints
Come follow my adventures in OZ.......

Wines I have tried in OZ

  • Borassa Valley Estates SParkling Shiraz-a lovely red champgne styled bubbly. Don't you just love bubbly? This one was a gift from Amelia, Alicia and Carley. Great choice gals!
  • Killawarra Klassic Premium Brut
  • Jansz Tasmania Premium Non Vintage Cuvee-so far my fav white bubbly.
  • Banrock Station Good Earth Fine Wine Sparkling Shiraz-A fun bubbly red.No I will not drink it for breakfast!
  • Carrington Vintage Brut 2008 Special Cuvee-bubbly! I love bubbly, except right after creme caramel.
  • Thorn Clark Sandpipper Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon-Had this one at the Central market-not sure if was the very good company or the wine but I enjoyed them both-thanks Jo and John!
  • Fools Bay "Dirty Bliss" Grenache Shiraz - delightful solid red
  • Cleggett IIIawarra Block Shiraz 2006-Another winner!
  • Cleggett White Cabernet Sauvignon 2008-AMAZING!!! look this one up at www.cleggettwines.com.au
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Cabernet Shiraz-haven't tried this one yet -will let you know when I do
  • Wolf Blass Green Label 2008 Crisp Dry White-yes it is
  • Stanley Cabernet Merlot - my current house wine-a soft red
  • Lindemans Cawarra Cabernet Merlot 2008- a bit oaky
  • Lindemans Cawarrra Porphyry -sweet white-almost too sweet, even for moi

Tim Tam Tracker

Here are the Tim Tam's I have tried:
Original Tim Tam's
Blackforrest Tim Tam's
Caramel Tim Tam's
White Tim Tam's-my new personal favourite!
Creme Caramel-from the "sweet surender" line, OMG!
Hazelnut Mousse-from the "sweet surender" line as well. Not as good as Creme Caramel but still tasty.
Classic Dark Chocolate- yummy!
Double Chocolate Crunch-from the crush line.Nice.
Honeycomb-from the crush line. Sweet. Very.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Jan 8 Port Adelaide




Hi mates!

Just another hot hot hot day here in Oz. I managed to bike over to my school today before it got over 40 and the ride took about 20 minutes. It's only a 15 minute ride to the beach at Glenelg.Hmmmm......

So I did the tourist thing today and went up to a section of Adelaide called Port Adelaide. It is another beautiful beach area. There were lots and lots of sail boats out today. I am going to post a pic of boats to make my brother in law Todd drool. Enjoy. The Port is a working port and there was a cruise ship at dock. Wow.

I am also posting a pic of yesterday's lunch-I had salt and pepper crocodile for lunch! Which I decided is much better than the other way around. Amelia I am not sure if it was a freshie or a saltie but it tasted right some good! I think my next culinary delight will be kangaroo. It is sold in the grocery stores here but I want to see how a professional chef prepares it before I attempt to. I have discovered that a can of coke is $3.20 and a bottle of Lindeman's Cabernet Merlot is $4.99.Now I know why the Aussie's are so laid back-they don't drink coke! Tomorrow I am going on my first wine tour. I booked through the RAA (Royal Auto Ass) they let me use my CAA card for discounts-so remember that if you come to visit and you are a CAA member-bring your card! The tour is in the Borassa Valley region.I have to be downtown early to catch the tour so I will shove off now.
G'day eh!
love,
Bernadine

7 comments:

  1. I may need to visit you just for the food...I do love alligator...croc can't be that different.....hmmmmm, coke or wine....there is no decision to be made there....enjoy your tour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the boats!! It looks heavenly there Bern! Enjoy your vacation!
    Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Bazza asks if the croc tastes like chicken?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Bern! You're not wasting a moment. I wouldn't turn down a glass of merlot, but I don't know about that croc lunch......
    Love,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait til you here what I had for lunch on the wine tour!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. does croc taste like chicken? I've had
    kangaroo before...it's very lean & tastes pretty good. Hope you tasted lots of wine ;-)

    ReplyDelete